2deo serieak 2021
*Due to a problem, the deadline of the open call has been extended.
Three projects will be selected – at least one in Basque – within 2deo SERIEAK open call and will receive mentoring. Over the coming months, the successful candidates will be supported by their mentors to develop a dossier for presentation during the SSIFF to possible producers or investors and in particular to TV platforms and channels.
In the in-person and online sessions from April to September, each team will analyse and rewrite their screenplay and develop their production and distribution strategy as well as their mise en scène. The programme also entails three days in Tabakalera between June and July to discuss the projects as a group, including joint sessions with the successful candidates and the mentors. The final part of the programme coincides with the SSIFF, when the teams will pitch their projects to important agents in the sector with a view to securing production opportunities.
PROGRAMME AND FUNDING
To ensure each project is of the highest quality and as mature as possible in the September pitching sessions, the programme provides the following:
- Mentoring from Aitor Gabilondo, Christine Vachon and Xabier Berzosa, who will support each project and guide and supervise their development.
- Expenses for travel, accommodation and subsistence (€35/day) for the selected candidates covering the three days between June and July and a further three days during the San Sebastian International Film Festival.
- Project support of €6,000 paid in two instalments: €3,000 in April following project selection and €3,000 upon completion of the programme. Funding is intended to cover expenses directly related to the projects. All expenses must be explained and justified in a report. Participants must submit said report to CICC/Tabakalera by 15th October 2021. Each party must pay the relevant taxes in accordance with the regulations in force in Spain. If appropriate, Tabakalera will withhold the relevant tax amount from the sum of the grant provided to the participants and/or representatives.
- Pitching session during the SSIFF.
Participation in all sessions and scheduled days, including the pitching session during the SSIFF 2021, is mandatory.
The programme is aimed at creators of a series, i.e. the executive producer and/or screenwriter. The applicant will be the executive producer of the project. Should they not apply jointly with a screenwriter, they must include one in their team.
The call is open to individual natural persons, in accordance with the conditions set out herein.
In addition, two natural persons may participate in the call for submissions, with no obligation to formalise their relationship. In this case, they must designate or identify a natural person to act as the project representative for all purposes before CICC/Tabakalera.
Each applicant may submit one project only.
ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE AND ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
An assessment committee will be set up to select the projects. It will comprise:
- Aitor Gabilondo
- Xabier Berzosa
- a representative from the San Sebastian International Film Festival
- a representative from EITB, and
- a representative from CICC/Tabakalera who will act as secretary.
The Committee will assess the projects presented according to the following criteria:
Emphasis will be placed on the quality and creativity of the project and on its feasibility. The committee will also prize innovation which can bring together a perspective on contemporary society with international aspirations.
The committee may interview some of the candidates during the selection process.
Participants must submit all documentation requested in the call if they wish to be considered.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS AND SELECTION
Applications may be submitted from 5th February to 10th March 2021 (13:00 UTC+2).
The three selected projects will be notified on 5th April.